[meteorite-list] What else do you collect?

From: Charlie Devine <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:43:11 -0500

Darren Garrison wrote:

>I have an inordinate fondness of
>Flexicalymene sp. trilobites from
>around Ohio--I have dozens of them.

Hello Darren,

One of the neatest specimens I once had in my trilobite collection was a
pair of Flexicalymene meeki trilobites from Ohio in a configuration
known to collectors as "love bugs". If you have Ohio collector Thomas
Johnson's book "Trilobites of the Thomas T. Johnson Collection", there's
an excellent example on page 110. I'm sure you've seen the
configuration: a completely enrolled Flexicalymene with another
Flexicalymene wrapped around it. Just by coincidence, there's an
example on ebay now that the seller is calling "love bugs", although
it's a bit different then the classic configuration. Still, maybe you'd
like to add it to your Flexicalymene family:

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140059533085

Charlie