[meteorite-list] What else do you collect?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:01:16 -0600

Hi,

1.) Vintage and handmade acoustic guitars.
At the last census, the population figure was
52, a diverse society which includes guitars
made entirely of metal and guitars made
entirely of banjo (a few). Happiest to have
found a good home is the personal guitar of
the late George Rose, who played (in the day)
with Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke,
Benny Goodman, and lots of other cats.

2.) 16-, 32-, and 64-bit (1986-1995) Atari
computers (14), software and devices (tons),
1600 floppy discs and ~100 old small hard
drives. (What do you do with YOUR basement?)
I was an Atari software developer for ten years;
that's how The Atari Museum started.

3.) Books, books, books. Can't count that high.
Maybe 4,000; maybe double that. Oldest book
by publication: from 1620. Started saving books
when I was seven. Lots of sub-sub-collections
in there. Some would say too many.

4.) "Junk" of all kinds. I was also an antique
dealer for ten years and always snatching up
the odd find: silver, furniture, china, glass, old
scientific equipment, Japanese art... OK, let's
face it -- I'm not a "collector," just a packrat.
I even sold meteorites (NWA 267) in my
antique store (what's older than that?)
    Having just read Bill's recent post, all I
can ask is: where were you when I was selling
antiques? You sound like a one-man customer
base! At one time or another, I have sold every
item on that list of yours.

5.) Meteorites and tektites, of course...

Sterling K. Webb