[meteorite-list] Preliminary MOSS meteorite classification

From: Larry Lebofsky <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 30 20:56:35 2006

Hi Ed:

That is almost as hard to believe as meteor showers ("debris" from a comet)
occurring on the same day each year!

Actually, probably does not have to be every year, just every few years. If
these come from the breakup of a near Earth asteroid, the debris would
probably spread out from the asteroid in a manner similar to a comet tail.

Larry

--
Dr. Larry A. Lebofsky
Senior Research Scientist