[meteorite-list] Moss classification speculation

From: Fred Caillou Noir <fred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 30 11:06:33 2006

Well it's true Martin and I also have our Tanezrouft 060 that is very
fragile, but does not look like a carbonaceous. So let's say that for the
clue to be better, it must also look like a carbonaceous.
But you are right and we can only keep on guessing as long as the analysis
results are not known.

Regarding metal, I can't say accurately, but Acfer 333 (a CO3) is showing a
strong attraction to a magnet, much more than a CM2 or a LL, let's say
similar to some L chondrites almost. There is no metal visible as it is
weathered, but maybe it was somehow like that when it fell? Just another
guess, one more!!!

Cheers,

Fred