[meteorite-list] Moss classification speculation

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 30 06:06:21 2006

Dear Matteo and All,

Actually I have noticed that CI, CM and CO carbonaceous chondrites can be very fragile especially when fresh, in a way that when
touching them there are some black meteorite particles that will remain on the fingers.
I agree that it is not the case with CVs for instance and that not all carbonaceous chondrites will "behave" like that.
But to my opinion, only SOME of the carbonaceous chondrites will leave some particles on the fingers when touching them, and NO
OTHER types I know will do the same. This means that when this happens, the meteorite should be a carbonaceous.

This is just a clue of course, and only scientific analysis will give the classification of Moss meteorites.

Just my 2 cents

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)