[meteorite-list] What is this lunar crater?

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 22 16:28:37 2006

Not familiar with this one, however, I cannot help but
think that it's really unlikely that a meteorite is
going to bounce.
Almost certainly 2 separate craters

My personal favourite low angle impact crater is
Schiller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schiller_(crater)

To the best of my knowledge, it still is believed to
be an impact from about 4 deg (though my info is about
10 years old and probably out of date)

If memory serves correctly, its somewhere down the
very bottom of the moon (as seen from N Hemisphere).
It probably gives lat/long on the link. Just wanted a
pic so didn't read it.

Rob McC

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/05/0509_020509_glassmeteorite.html