[meteorite-list] Re:New Impact Crater

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 17 20:43:08 2006

Hi,

    In all fairness, I should point out that Johnny
stops using commas in his list after the first item,
so he probably meant: "impactite, tekti[t]e[s], shatter
cones, shocked quartz, and comet fragments" as
the elements in his list. The pond looks to me to
be no more than 1500 feet across, but I could be
off by a factor of two if the trees are bigger. The
wrinkles could be wind wrinkles or frost heave.
It's got to be the least promising site I've seen
in a while.

Sterling K. Webb