[meteorite-list] Moss meteorite sales

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 17 00:36:17 2006

Ok, today was a rough day with paying bills, taking care of the usual things
after a 3 week absence, and trying to collect my precious cargo from Sweden
without success!

I will focus on selling some of the Moss meteorite tomorrow. I must recover
some of the nearly $7000 I spent on the trip to Norway and Sweden. Anyone
who thinks meteorite hunting is cheap needs to try it sometime!

I will prefer to do private sales as I have too many small pieces to
photograph and put on the website as I normally do. I know from the response
to my emails over the last couple of weeks I will have most of the material
sold rapidly. I have too many emails from the trip to go through quickly, so

Anyone wanting a piece needs to email me ASAP with the amount they want to
spend and I can try to accommodate them.
I will offer it for $200.00 per gram. I have many pieces with fusion crust,
but that will run out fast, so if you want crust, I need to know like now.

Anyone who thinks this is a high price needs to think again. I have already
sold my largest piece for that amount, and Bob Haag and I had lunch today
and he also wont sell for less as he bought his pieces.

There are only 5 witnessed falls of CO3 meteorites in the world, Moss if
confirmed as a CO3 will make that #6.

So here we go, let the sales begin!

Moss Norway, fell July 14th, 2006 at ~10:15 am in
the Ostfold region including the towns of Rygge and Moss.
So far, just over 3 kilograms known. 50% of this is already in Museum hands
and totally out of the running for sales.
After a month of searching by over 20 meteorite hunters and dealers, I
highly doubt that much more will be recovered if any at all.

Michael Farmer

By the way, I will build a great webpage with photos as soon as my film
arrives from Sweden.