[meteorite-list] 'Plutons' Push Planet Total Up To 12

From: Larry Lebofsky <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 16 16:43:43 2006

Hi Sterling:

It is a little more complicated than that! Remember that Pluto is "tilted" on
its side (about) and so while in recent years half the time Charon is closer or
further away, in a mere 50 years or so (1/4 of the orbit) they will be side by
side.

same criterion used for binary stars), so binary planet.

Larry

--
Dr. Larry A. Lebofsky
Senior Research Scientist