[meteorite-list] Perseids 2006 ?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 13 18:49:00 2006

Hi Bob-

Wow, not my experience at all. I only discarded about 5 obvious
sporadics from the 95 meteors collected over three nights (70 of those
from the night of Aug 11/12). Normally I'd have around 20, but the poor
skies limited detections to bright meteors, which were mostly Perseids.

Because of bad weather, most of my images were collected between about
2am and 5am, so there wasn't much movement of the radiant. Consequently,
the radiant is very obvious in the image I linked earlier (
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/perseid2006.html ).

I fell off the meteorobs list a while back for some reason; if you'd
like, feel free to post the above link there. This year appears to be
above average for the Perseids once you factor in the combination of a
bright moon and bad weather.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory