[meteorite-list] JOEL SCHIFF'S "retirement" party From the Meteorite Comm...

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 13 02:25:49 2006

But one more thing: How is Joel now? Has he
recovered? We haven't had any news from him in quite
a while.
I am sure we would all like to know.
--- Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:

I actually went there expecting somebody very sick to
the point of him almost being an invalid on his death
bed (Especially since today was supposed to happen two
weeks ago but got delayed because both Joel and his
wife had the flu).
However, I am happy to report to everybody that (While
it wasnt discussed) Joel seemed recovered from
whatever ailed him and looked perfectly healthy to me.
And we have planned to get together again in the
summer (Christmas here) when we can maybe have an open
pit barbecue of one of his pigs or sheep that live on
his farm. Joel also says that in a year or so plans a
morocco trip as he really wants to go. So he certainly
has no plans of just doing nothing because of his
illness - which happily he seems to have recovered
from.
So a very happy answer to anne's question. Joel should
be around for a while to enjoy that huge lunar that
everybody bought him.
Cheers
DEAN