[meteorite-list] Thin Section-- The Motion Picture

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Aug 11 01:28:03 2006

Hi, Darren,

    That is really neat. What we need now is a
reverse CAT-scan engine (or the original tomo-
graphic data). It should be possible to produce
a semi-transparent 3D object, appropriately
colored, that could be rotated on three axes
while you stare right through it, as nobody's
ever seen a meteorite before. I mean, I couldn't
do it, but it's obviously possible, just like the
3D Corpse...
    Just sailing down the axis... Windows Media
Player (10) played them just fine without having
to search for the codec.

Sterling K. Webb