[meteorite-list] Re: Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - August 9, 2006

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 9 04:51:18 2006

Hi Geoff,

I'd just started writing an email to Michael's post when I saw yours! ;-)

I have a Sikhote about the same size with just the same feature. It's really
weird and hard to imagine how it formed. In my sample, it's almost like the
surface melted and folded over and into itself. Looks a bit like ropy lava.

http://www.meteorites.com.au/features/melt.html

Cheers,

Jeff