[meteorite-list] Cosmic Dust in Terrestrial Ice MORE

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 5 21:39:35 2006

Hi, Mike, Larry,

    Mike, Rob Matson posted a very funny
website URL:
http://www.dhmo.org/
outlining the "consumer" hazards of DHMO,
which is DiHydrogen MonOxide, which many
"non-scientific" persons call just plain WATER.
The website is hilarious.

    Larry, there are many components to calculating
warming vs. cooling for the overall hydrology at any
temperature, so many that none of the models can agree
on any result for the overall role of water, so all the
"global warming" models are fudging their results in
this regard with simple "plug-ins" which ignore water,
yet we're supposed to take them seriously. Pul-eeze.

    I'm just saying that the perfect summation of all effects
is to be found in reality, but whether the climate drives
the water or the water drives the climate, who can tell?

    The same is true of CO2 and climate. Which is the
driving factor? The "global warming" version is that
CO2 drives climate. William Ruddiman (UVa) has
just published an analysis that concludes that climate
drives CO2:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/07/060725074044.htm
    Complete text (.pdf) at:
http://www.clim-past.net/2/43/2006/cp-2-43-2006.pdf

    Two years ago, Ruddiman published a paper that
concluded that human activities that increased CO2
levels accelerated the end of the last glacial period and
precipitated the interglacial we now enjoy. (According
to the Milankovich cycles, it was early).

    Personally, I think that about the time we get everybody
"on board" with global warming and are committed to
and exercising real control of CO2, the climate will turn
colder. I call it the Principle of Perversity. The one thing
you can count on weather and climate doing? Change.

Sterling K. Webb