[meteorite-list] Introduction...

From: Menno A. Mennes <mennes_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Aug 4 00:07:08 2006

Dear Adam, and All,

I guess I owe you an apology for sending my private mail to the entire list,
sorry about that...

Perhaps a good occasion for presenting myself to the list though, as I am
following the postings for the last 4-5 years without really introducing
myself.
Although I am working in an entirely different field as a psychologist and a
university lecturer, I have always been fascinated by everything from
outer-space. I am from the lunar-landing Apollo generation and since I found
out about meteorites being sold at Ebay I have spent most of my spare time
(and money ;-) ) on building up a collection through the last five years or
so. I have specialized on collecting smaller stones and am currently
"focused" on martians, which is why I sent my mail to Adam.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank so many of you dealers, especially
Adam Hup?, Mike Farmer for making the collecting of meteorites possible. In
addition I much appreciate the enormous amount of interesting info I have
been able to obtain from so many of you from the list. It really is a
pleasure to be part of it all.

Again apologizing to Adam, and sending you all my very best regards from the
Netherlands!

Menno Mennes