[meteorite-list] A 24 pound lunar meteorite in Colorado

From: Walter L. Newton <newtonw2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 3 12:12:09 2006

Hi

A few days ago I placed a free ad on Craigslist which stated that I collect
and purchase meteorites.

I received a very nasty email from a "gentleman" who claims that he has a 24
pound lunar meteorite. He was quite adamant that I must not know anything
about meteorites since I was advertising on Craigslist. He proceeded to let
me know that meteorites are VERY EXPENSIVE and I could never afford one.

I questioned his ownership of a 24 pound lunar meteorite and informed him
that meteorites come in all flavors, rare and not rare, inexpensive and very
costly. He responded...

"LOL, if they are so common, and you are a member of this club, then how
come you don't have one???? Get a life, bud, and you can't have my 24 pound
meteorite for any money. Oh, and one other thing, it is from the moon, so it
is even more rare than you think!!! One other thing, your reply shows how
small your mind is. You should develop some manners, son! Now go get lost in
the mountains trying to find a rock!"

I'm not sure what is going on with some people. All I did was to let
Craigslist users know that I buy meteorites. There are some really nutty
folks out there who are ready to explode at a moments notice.

If any of the list users are interested in inquiring about his 24 pound
lunar meteorite, please email me off list and I will send you his contact
information.

Life is crazy.

Walter L. Newton
1400 Utah Street #101