[meteorite-list] Brenham KAKE-TV Vid for Download

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 30 13:42:57 2006

Hello Geoff and list,

Nice to hear you, Sonny and team did fairly well at Glorieta and thanks for
your kind words earlier on the photographs and videos I took with my camera
while there.

The KAKE video even has me in the group shot after, "Arnold and his partner
has been..." (I am the one with long black hair and wearing kahki shorts and
talking with a local.)

Also, I compliment you on recognizing my brother Brad, who I think you have
only seen once or twice before. You also recognized my brother John in
Denver 2-3 years ago, the second time you had seen him, so I guess you just
might be good at that. I periodically hire them for the day or two, usually
when I leave town and the meteorite community has been good at not treating
them as outsiders or the like, which makes it more enjoyable for them I
imagine.

The farmers, the cities of Haviland and Greensburg and mayors of Haviland
and Greensburg are very thankful for what Steve Arnold (IMB) has been doing
out there and I appreciated the chance to witness the removal of the
meteorites. I think most recognize what is being out there as a very good
thing. The farmers are making money, the cities are getting more press then
they ever have and many of the specimens will go through the hands of some
scientist and find itself in a museum years from now.

Hope to see you in Haviland when Steve finds the really, really big one.

No Clear Skies today....it is cloudy and rainy....which is sad because I
have a lot of flowers that are in the stages of blooming right now and was
hoping to take some nice photographs to send to my mom who is home in the
Philippines and helping in the mud slide disaster of a few months ago.

Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com