[meteorite-list] Treasure Hunters swinging their metal detectors in the face of viewers (voyeurs?)

From: Thaddeus Besedin <endophasy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 27 12:07:51 2006

You are a good boy, with your trans-generational repetition of momma's childhood reassurances: "I know you're just jealous ." ... and one day, your children. Since I am a stupid bonehead, I seem to have misplaced my insults, if fact I am capable of conceiving of disparaging language (efficaciously, that is). Sarcasm should be sarcastic, not quite distinctly a petty sardonic mocking. You're too funny. Can't I be counter-ironic? Or were you donning meta-irony? Perhaps you'll never know. Then you can be called an unconscious hypocrite.
  -Thaddeus BESEDIN

Notkin <geoking_at_notkin.net> wrote:
  Thaddeus wrote:

> EBay: you said it all. You'd sell human remains to the highest
bidder if it were legal.

I was being sarcastic you stupid bonehead.

You come off as a big sanctimonious idiot, blathering on about cultural
heritage and the rest of it. What a load of nonsense! That's why I was
having a lark with eBay references and so on -- making fun of your
ridiculous posts.

We're out there doing real meteorite work, not sitting on our wide
backsides criticising others' actions from behind the keyboard. If the
Travel Channel is interested enough in our work to do a documentary
about it, so much the better.

And I thought Sterling Webb was full of himself! Your incredibly
tedious waffling almost makes him interesting. Honestly, nobody gives a
shit about your blowhard opinions. Please go dig a deep hole and rub
your face in the valuable "taxa" at the bottom of it.

Thanks for the laughs.

Geoff Notkin