[meteorite-list] New TV series "Cash and Treasure" features Meteorite Hunters!

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 24 20:46:23 2006

Hi all,
We had a great time filming an episode of "Cash and
Treasure". A new series on the Travel Channel that
will air in early 2007. Each show will be an hour long
and will feature various types of treasure hunting.
>From gold prospecting to relic hunting to meteorites,
it should be great.

Our half of the one hour show will feature Geoff
Notkin, Mike Miller, Sonney Clary, Keith Jenkerson and
Myself. It will detail a recent Glorieta Mountain
hunting trip where we found on and off camera 12
Glorieta "Gems" by 3:30 p.m. and 16 total for the day!

The second half of the show will spotlight Steve
Arnold along with Geoff Notkin finding meteorites in
the Brenham strewn field that most of us only dream
of.

This show is unique in that they insisted that nothing
be staged or set-up. Everything was real! There was no
planting meteorites, we were asked to just go and see
what we could do. I think most of us were pleased to
come up with what we did.

The specimens were small averaging only about 10 or 12
grams each. But as anyone who has ever hunted Glorieta
knows, one could walk for days and never get close to
these extra-terrestrial gems.

Check out some of the pictures:

 Geoff, Mike, Sonny, Keith, Me before the cameras
rolled

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteoritemall/detail?.dir=e579re2&.dnm=e3f1re2.jpg&.src=ph

Keep Out!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteoritemall/detail?.dir=e579re2&.dnm=b500re2.jpg&.src=ph

Me and Becky(host of the show) finding the first
glorieta meteorite on camera!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteoritemall/detail?.dir=e579re2&.dnm=91d2re2.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteoritemall/detail?.dir=e579re2&.dnm=2787re2.jpg&.src=ph

Mike, Sonny, Ruben, Geoff and Luke the "camera man"
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteoritemall/detail?.dir=5c0bre2&.dnm=8f57re2.jpg&.src=ph

Me and Geoff
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteoritemall/detail?.dir=5c0bre2&.dnm=8267re2.jpg&.src=ph

Our finds by 3:30 pm