[meteorite-list] Meteorite List

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 24 10:33:38 2006

Well said Pete.

I don't have time to read the whole list but some of
the info posts, especially those from the likes of Ron
Baalke are real gems and I love looking at some of the
pictures from the Mars Global Surveyor.
I also enjoy following some of the discussions about a
whole matter of things. The red rain in India being a
recent one

Rob McCafferty

--- Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Jay,
>
> I have to completely disagree with you.
>
> Often the bantering was at an intellectual level,
> and some of the most
> interesting and thought-provoking perspectives were
> brought out then.
>
> At other times it seemed, to me, anyway, like the
> disagreements within a
> family - of which every family experiences. Those
> were sometimes even
> entertaining.
>
> Considering the uniqueness of the interest in
> meteorites and their related
> topics, a family is pretty close to what this list
> is/was.
>
> As long as the first word in an ad was ?AD?, those
> could be easily skipped,
> if you are so inclined.
> Personally, I enjoy looking at photos of meteorites,
> and although my budget
> is strictly for non-classifieds, I checked out every
> link to a sale or web
> site that was posted. Pitches per week weren?t an
> issue with me.
>
> All things considered, did you really find it so
> intolerable?
> Don?t you think that the contributions of members
> from the likes of the
> Smithsonian, NASA, other research institutions
> around the planet, and the
> top hunters and collectors more than made up for the
> bumps?
> If it was to be strictly business for every post,
> what a boring list it
> would be!

just my opinion, of course.