[meteorite-list] ...advice please!

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 14 14:33:47 2006

As an auctioneer I have several comments:

1) You ABSOLUTELY have a right to this piece at the ending bid price.
Period.

2) This character could have, as already mentioned, had a higher minimum
bid OR a reserve. The fact that he did not indicates in the former that he
wanted to stimulate bidding AND TOOK A RISK and in the later, wanted
to avoid the higher eBay fees involved with a reserve. HE set the parameters
of this auction and by eBay rules MUST deliver to the high bidder at the
end of auction or is in serious violation of eBay rules.

3) This is how auctions work - sometimes a seller gets lucky and 2 or more
people really want a piece and bid it up beyond the normal price and
sometimes only one person wants it and gets it at the minimum price.
THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

4) Failure on YOUR part to push for completion and report the "seller" to
eBay and leave a clearly worded negative feedback should he fail to conform
to the parameters he agreed to by participating would be a serious failure
on YOUR part. The "system" only "works" when people participate in
compliance with the established rules. You MUST pursue this to protect the
integrity of the process.

5) If the seller does not comply, please let everyone on the list know his
name and eBay "handle" so we know what we are dealing with. I certainly
would never do business with such a person.

        Good luck!
        Michael

--
"He is not a lover who does not love forever." - Euripides (485-406BC)