[meteorite-list] # of mets per Meteoritical Bulletin

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 14 10:37:22 2006

Hi Mike F.,

> Thanks for the research. I would propose that only non Antarctic
> meteorites count as supply, since Antarctic meteorites are not
> available.

I agree (which is the main reason I listed a separate column for them).

> In that case, the number per the Met Bul may have peaked 3 years ago!

Doesn't look that way. Here are the stats on just the non-Antarctic
meteorites in the Bulletins:

Year MB # 3YR Avg.
---- -- --- --------
1996 80 136 --
1997 81 161 250.0
1998 82 453 346.3
1999 83 425 458.7
2000 84 498 547.0
2001 85 718 569.7
2002 86 493 687.0
2003 87 850 733.3
2004 88 857 821.7
2005 89 758 --

If the number of non-Antarctic finds exceed 850 in MB #90, then the
3-year running average will still be on the rise. I guess we'll
know soon! --Rob