[meteorite-list] ...advice please!

From: joseph_town_at_att.net <joseph_town_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 12 22:08:59 2006

Dave,

I've taken some brutal losses on ebay. That's business. If a seller doesn't want to take a chance they should set a reserve or a starting price that's comfortable for them and takes their investment into consideration. I don't think the dilemma is yours. It's the sellers problem.

If you're feeling sympathetic to the sellers plight, you could offer a compromise. If a compromise isn't acceptable to the seller, not only is the bad karma on him, it also shows bad intent on his part from the start. He did say he understands the "spirit of ebay". He may even have a better offer from another bidder.

Good luck,
Bill

From: "Dave Harris" <entropydave_at_ntlworld.com>