[meteorite-list] ...advice please!

From: star-bits_at_comcast.net <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 12 22:08:11 2006

    In my auctions that closed monday I had some Gao-Guenie (B) carbonaceous CR cut fragments, 1.1 grams that sold for one penny, and a 6.5 gram tatahouine that sold for less than $5/gm. Not what I was looking for in either case, but both lots are on their way to their new owners. If your seller needed a certain amount than that is what he should have started his auction at. I don't think you are under any obligation legally or morally to pay more for this auction. Everybody "needs the money" for something or they wouldn't be selling on eBay. What he paid for it has no bearing on what the market said it was worth today.
    If you want to help him out, tell him his photos are terrible. Blurry photos just don't cut it for selling minerals. His description could also be a lot better, 2x1cm is not "quite a large piece". Is it the size of the largest crystal or the whole specimen? When in doubt the buyer will be conservative in his bidding. Maybe he learned an important lesson - lessons can be expensive.

--
Eric Olson
ELKK Meteorites
From: "Dave Harris" <entropydave_at_ntlworld.com>