[meteorite-list] Taza and caliche

From: Michel FRANCO <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 10 10:35:07 2006

Dear list

I have received some Taza today. I like it, its a an interesting meteorite
although not a fall. Quite rare to have a iron find with many many small
individuals.
But my purpose is not speaking about this meteorite, we could spend hours on
it.

Some individuals that I have received are covered with some rust, ( I
removed it with a gentle air blasting with vegetal abrasive ( bio !) ) and
with a white crusted depostit which I suspect to be caliche and that resists
to my vegetal abrasive sanding.

My request:
As anyone on the list a way to clean this crusted deposit on Taza's.

Best regards.

Michel FRANCO
www.caillou-noir.com