[meteorite-list] Apollo 15 and Genesis Rock

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 5 10:20:11 2006

Just for those interested,

The main index for the Apollo Surface Journals,

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/frame.html

An unprecedented collection of videos and transcripts.
Most of your favourite moonwalker clips. Some of the Apollo 15 clips at the
above website show the astronauts descending into a rille. Most of the
Apollo missions show moments of hilarity as the moonwalkers loose their
balance and fall over. On Apollo 17, J. Schmidt hurls his hammer as far as
he can. Apollo 14, Shepard plays golf on the moon.

Yup, I love this site.

One clip that is missing from the collection is on a page that has no
external links to it, at my own website. I guess now it does.

http://www.qsl.net/vk3ukf/PVR-A1.html

I posses a 3 hour video tape a chap in the USA sent to me in the early
1980's

Apollo 17 clip 1. (5473Kb)
1 min 18 secs.- Apollo 17 Astronauts, sing while on the moon,
'Well, I was strolling on the moon one day, in the merry merry month of
December, No, May'.

http://www.qsl.net/vk3ukf/Apollo%2017%20Tape%20Section%20003.ASF

P.S. anyone else have trouble with a PVR ???????????????????????

>On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:00:41 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Hello Everyone,
> >
> >Interesting audio/video and written transcript of Apollo 15 astronauts
>Jim
> >Irwin and Dave Scott discovering the Genesis rock.
> >
> >http://www.history.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/a15.spur.html
>
>Reading that just makes me depressed that I can't collect there myself.
>:-(

At least they showed us all what they got up to. We can still dream.

Kevin, VK3UKF.