[meteorite-list] FW: Taking Offers on This Piece...

From: Thaddeus Besedin <endophasy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 4 23:29:30 2006

And what of the world's thief? It doesn't matter - I have no authority. I just wonder how we can continuously and successfully recover material from certain regions without ending up in jail? Does this ever happen? This same market is often coextensive with the artifact looting that is rampant in South America and and Africa North of the Sahara. Many dealers are selling looted artifacts found near strewn field (or vice-versa - meteorites at open air Mousterian, Acheulian, Aterian, and Epipaleolithic sites). I'm myself guilty of buying artifacts from meteorite dealers, but I recognize that the artifact market only intersects at few instances with the meteorite trade.

Mark Rexburg <mark377835_at_hotmail.com> wrote: Tell me who made you the world's cop.

>From: Thaddeus Besedin
>To: michael cottingham
>CC: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
>Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] FW: Taking Offers on This Piece...
>Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
>
>How can it possibly be legal to loot strewnfields in developing countries?
>There are
>
>michael cottingham wrote:

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee?