AW: [meteorite-list] International shipping isssues

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 2 00:19:20 2006

--- dean bessey <deanbessey_at_yahoo.com> ha scritto:

> I have had several packages lost to Belgium and the
> Italian post office is so bad that I occasionally
> think about saying that I wont ship to Italy
> anymore.

Packs here go lost why seen the insurence, its for
this I say not put this, but only use a registered
mail with return receipt. Many use this method and all
packs arrive. A example with last adventure with mark
bostik. Win 2 auctions to ebay, the first where I have
pay $20 of shipping its arrive here after over 1 month
why he have put insurence - and I have pay a 28 euro
extra of tax - the second start at few days later and
where I have pay $5 of shipping its arrive in 1 week,
why with no insurence. The italian custom when seen a
pack insurence block this and you have to pray control
this in few time, just in this days I have a problem
similar with a gold bullion buy in USA, after 1 month
not seen arrive, I have call the custom and have say
its blocked for the controls....after 1 month....the
unique method 100% secure its ship via express
courier, but the cost is high, its good use this when
you have to ship important meteorites or many
meteorites in a unique ship.

Matteo

M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2004_at_yahoo.it