[meteorite-list] US National Hero..........

From: Axel Emmermann <axel.emmermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 28 04:24:55 2005

Michael,

thank you for your very nice words.
Again, let me stress that I don't want people to spend great amounts on my
behalf. Nor would I want people to part from cherished items from their
collection.
If you really want to reward me, I would very much appreciate it if you did
it with a modest piece. I know that my actions have stirred up deep rooted
emotions in many Americans and I have had many grateful reactions over the
last 4 years.
I would proudly hang whatever you send me between the official plaque I
received from NASA, the career-collage from Capt. Jon Young and the letter
from FBI director Robert S. Mueller. It would be the "Moon wall" in my
living room.

It would be great to have a little piece of our satellite. Thank you, more
than I can say.

Sincerely

Axel