[meteorite-list] Tibetanites

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 27 17:22:04 2005

Dear Dirk,
        No problemo. I am sure some western guy will take a photo
of one in the dry lake beds and "document" finding them - some
time.
        I, too, am familiar with Dzi beads and have been amazed at
some of the quality of the fakes. However, the fakes are based on
well established REAL ones. So, while a monk might be faked out
by a non-Tibetanite tektite, his familiarity with tektites that are
found in his home land is based in historic fact.
        It constantly amazes me that westerners refute oral histories
of other cultures. On the other hand, there are several "dealers"
I would NEVER trust, most I would trust a good deal and a few I
would trust completely. These come from one of the later and
his supplier goes back about 25 years - long before the "boom"
in meteorites.
        Of course, it doesn't help that Heaven & Earth (a "New Age"
supplier of minerals with "vibrations") has written of Tibetanites
in the terms they have used - sounding a bit like a snake oil salesman
out of the old west. (The even took a "copyright" out on the
"name" they claimed to have invented! - which I never read or
heard before I used it in my article).
        However, I will have nothing more to say on this subject until
"Documentation" is obtained. What's the point? Think what you
like & say what you like. I don't believe in the tooth ferry, organized
religion or the word of a politician. We all have a right to believe
whatever we like & your beliefs don't "put me off" at all, Dirk. You're
a kule dude in my book - and "the list" ambassador to Japan.
        Best wishes, Michael