[meteorite-list] Article in Tucson Paper

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 26 01:23:05 2005

Dear Friends and Listees:

Tucson's largest daily newspaper, the "Arizona Daily Star," ran a small
article about our charity raffle, this past Thursday. I made a scan for
those who would like to read it. I apologize for the really appalling
image quality. The photo misprinted, and the photographer was about
eight inches away from my nose, and using such a wide angle lens that
my head has been distorted into roughly the shape of a turnip.

I did *not* tell the journalist that the project was my idea -- I even
spelled out Martin's name -- but there you go.

Not sure why -- when describing Sonny Clary and Rob Reisener as
"meteorite hunters" -- they put "meteorite hunters" in quotes as if
being a meteorite hunter is a made-up concept rather than a real thing,
but the young lady journalist was very nice and enthusiastic, and was
quite surprised when I turned up at the "Arizona Daily Star" offices
for show-and-tell with a big iron meteorite.

Note how a miniature telescope appears to be growing out of the
specimen I'm holding. Always fun when that happens.

http://www.aerolite.org/azstar.htm

And thanks to our good friend Jim Kriegh who got the local paper on
board for this.

Geoff N.