[meteorite-list] Crackpot impact theory

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 24 20:27:30 2005

Greetings, all,

I find it curious you would condem a theory simply on a vague media
notification - that was released the day before the official announcement.
(Where did you dig up the contradictory evidence that a shotgun pellet
travelling at 1,000 kph WILL penetrate a mammoth tusk? I was unsuccessful.)

While critical thinking and skepticism are healthy in science, so is a
certain amount of objectivity.
The automatic rejection of new thoughts, especially the thoughts regarding
the cosmos, have left many regretful in the past. It wasn't all that long
ago that many scientists thought that most lunar craters were volcanic in
origin.

With the "Multiple Universes", and the "String Theory" still surviving
scrutiny (see current issue of "Astronomy"), I think I'll wait for a more
detailed paper before judging Mr Firestone's conclusions.

Keepin' it relative,
Cheers!
Pete