[meteorite-list] new lurker

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 19 17:06:05 2005

> Hello to all,

Hello Tom,

Tom wrote:

"I'm new to meteorites and you can imagine how happy I am
to have found this mailing list. I hope my enthusiasm is
similar to that which all of you experienced when you began."

Welcome to this List, Tom !

How come you got to loving and collecting meteorites? Some years ago,
back in 2000, we had a very interesting thread that was called "What
I do".

Unfortunately, this thread is no longer accessible in our List Archives but
I still have most of these contributions on my hard disk. It was real fun to
learn a little / sometimes a lot more about the people behind our hobby.

Here are some reactions / responses from that thread. Maybe some
"newbies" would be willing to "revive" it. here we go:

- I spent my younger years as an Air Force brat (born in Germany, grew up in VA, DE, and AL) ...
- Well I'll jump on the bandwagon, ...
- I enjoy reading the posts with my morning coffee before work.
- My name is ... I'm 35. Two great kids 12 year old son ... 8 year old daughter ...
- Name: ... / Reside: ... / Status: ... / Occupation: ...
- Both of us are French, our small village is ...
- The biographies of all of the list members have been very informative ...
- Hi, I'm ... , born in Peru, age 54.
- Now I am curious to know what the age statistics are regarding this list. I am 28.
- George, I am older than you are:-) Cheers, ...
- List, I'm 18 years older than ... and I'm 47:-0 Regards, ...
- if you think I am going to tell you how old I am, you are dreaming ...
- I spend far too much time reading this List is what I do. Besides that, I am a Mechanical Engineer ...
- I'd sure rather talk about what I do than my age :-) I'm a Public Health Nurse here in ...
- Well I'm not shy, so here goes: While in my teens, I studied electronic engineering in London ...
- I think this is a neat idea. I am a 26 year old geriatric psychologist ...
- Wow! this is great stuff. I will be saving all of these for future reference ...
- I'm a 22 yr old student with majors in Behavioral Science and Criminal Law and a minor in Sociology ...
- I am French native, but I grew up in Africa and moved to the States ...
- I'm 52, school teacher for boys and girls around 10-12 years, I am married ...
- I was lucky enough to be born in a State where emerald, sapphire and ruby can be found ...
- I like this! It's amazing the wide range of ages and careers of the people on this list. I'm 39 ...
- I've had two wives and four kids, aged 9 through 26 ... Did Viet Nam 67-68.
- Hi List, My name is ... and I'll hit the big 50 this year.
- Hi, I'm 26 years old, and a geology student at Edinburgh University.
- Now as this seems to evolve into a real amusing thread, ...
- Hello Everyone, I am 38 years old, married, and father to my 10 month old daughter, ...
- Hi All, I'm a young 48, and a little overweight
- Dear Listees: What an enjoyable thread this is turning into, ...
- etc., etc., ...

That was a funny, interesting (although off-topic :-) thread that I will never forget!

Best regards,

Good night,

Bernd

To: biscuit_40_at_yahoo.com