[meteorite-list] ADD - Meteoriteshow latest ebay auctions

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 17 05:29:06 2005

Dear List Members,

I have not been active on ebay for a long time, working on Ensisheim and Ste Marie shows in June and then travelling abroad... I'm
now back home and have some new meteorites and tektites for sale on ebay... Most of them are classified meteorites are from Acfer
and Tanezrouft in Algeria, and you know that it will take a long time before new meteorites can be sourced from this country where
it is now totally forbiden to go and search for meteorites. Therefore, you will have here an alternative to NWAs, for a change! For
the 2 & 1/2 days left, I also have 2 nice Sikhote-Alin (fusion crust, flow lines, complete individuals), 2 Indochinites, 2
Moldavites and a beautiful LDG...
You can first get a complete overview at: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmeteoriteshowQQhtZ-1
But should you prefer to have some direct links to the most interesting items, here is my selection... Some of the auctions will end
very soon!

1- METEORITE : CM2 - ACFER 331 3.4 gr - W0 !
You know this great meteorite (750g TKW) that I have already proposed on ebay before in fragments, but I managed to cut some slices
before
Ensisheim show. Cutting Acfer 331 is not easy as it is a very fresh and friable CM2 but I finally had the opportunity to do it the
right way and the result is just great! So you can add this nice end-cut to your collection, having 2 days and a half left for
bidding. It is still at the starting price of $100.00, so you have a real opportunity to make a very good deal!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-CM2-ACFER-331-3-4-gr-W0_W0QQitemZ6561087080QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2- METEORITE: L6 O.C. - ACFER 342 15.8gr SLICE
Also 2 & 1/2 days left to bid for this 15.8g slice. Cut very thin (2mm only), it has a very wide surface for the weight (76x36mm)
and shows its slightly weathered structure, with nice metal flakes. Its price is still low ($13.00) and this is another potential
good deal!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-L6-O-C-ACFER-342-15-8gr-SLICE_W0QQitemZ6561242584QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#
ebayphotohosting

3- METEORITE: L6 O.C. - TANEZROUFT 070 - 3.9gr SLICE
This slice of Tanezrouft 070 is only 1mm thick and you get a chance to have a wide surface of this 240g meteorite. Quite highly
shocked (S4), it is also not much weathered (W2) and shows a nice structure. I have just a few slices left... and offer 2 slices
within these auctions. Good luck!
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-L6-O-C-TANEZROUFT-070-3-9gr-SLICE_W0QQitemZ6561242840QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI
tem#ebayphotohosting

4- METEORITE: L6 O.C. - TANEZROUFT 070 - 12.1 gr SLICE
Here is the second slice of Tan 070 (43x36x2mm). This one displays a huge 6mm chondrule and is really beautiful! Have a look at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-L6-O-C-TANEZROUFT-070-12-1-gr-SLICE_W0QQitemZ6562140939QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie
wItem

5- METEORITE: LL3 O.C. - ADRAR MADET 46.6gr SLICE
Adrar Madet was found in Niger by some friends and classified as a LL3.6, but registered by the Nom. Com. as a LL3... This slice is
big and has been very smoothly polished on both sides, displaying its wonderful structure with lots of armoured chondrules. Even if
you do not intend to bid, you can have a look at the pictures "pour le plaisir des yeux"! We cut just 4 pieces from this meteorite,
one for analysis and two for collectors. This is one of the two sices left and we want to keep the rest of the meteorite as it is
(1800g) because it is a beautiful stone...
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-LL3-O-C-ADRAR-MADET-46-6gr-SLICE_W0QQitemZ6562140753QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIt
em

6- METEORITE: EL5 ENSTATITE - ADRAR BOUS 4.6gr END-CUT
You must be aware that EL5s are extremely rare enstatites... With a TKW of 360g, this one is quite small but the structure appearing
on cut sections is amazing. Here you have the opportunity to get an end-cut, with a 24x20mm smoothly polished cut section, showing
the desert varnished surface on the other side. After this one, there are only very few slices available for collectors. Don't miss
it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-EL5-ENSTATITE-ADRAR-BOUS-4-6gr-END-CUT_W0QQitemZ6562142212QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ
ViewItem

7- METEORITE: L4 O.C. - TANEZROUFT 065 11.5 gr SLICE
Tanezrouft 065 is a very porous meteorite (20% porosity) and is quite an unusual L4 chondrite. We were very lucky to find it as
about 80% of the 30kg meteorite was burried underground. We could hardly see 3 smaller fargments and a little emerging part of the
main mass at the surface (see picture on the ebay annoucement). This slice has been both side polished and is still at its starting
price of $25.00! You have about 6 days left to get it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-L4-O-C-TANEZROUFT-065-11-5-gr-SLICE_W0QQitemZ6562141817QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVie
wItem#ebayphotohosting

8- METEORITE: L5 O.C. - TANEZROUFT 059 7.9gr SLICE
Do you like highly shocked meteorites with shock veins? If it is so, you cannot miss this 49x29x2mm slice. In addition to shock
veins, it also displays a beautifull chondrule with metal flakes inside, clearly visible even without magnifying. W1 weathering, its
shock stage is S5-6! And due to its very low TKW of 156g, you won't see much for sale. Wanna bid?
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-L5-O-C-TANEZROUFT-059-7-9gr-SLICE_W0QQitemZ6562141564QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI
tem#ebayphotohosting

9- METEORITE: L6 O.C. - ACFER 334 4.2 gr SLICE
This is another highly shocked & fresh meteorite (S5-6 W1)... Most of the slices we had of this 211g meteorite are now sitting on
shelves of collectors and you can see here one of the last ones... Have a look at it, and should you wish, do not hesitate to bid!
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-L6-O-C-ACFER-334-4-2-gr-SLICE_W0QQitemZ6562141124QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#
ebayphotohosting

10- METEORITE: H5 O.C. - TANEZROUFT 054 17.9 gr END-CUT
Here you have a beautiful end-cut with fusion crust on the outside surface and a polished cut section showing a nice structure
including a big metal flake within many smaller ones. It is quite rare to see a H chondrite from hot deserts with such a low
oxydation; enjoy watching it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/METEORITE-H5-O-C-TANEZROUFT-054-17-9-gr-END-CUT_W0QQitemZ6562142020QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZV
iewItem#ebayphotohosting

Thanks for looking and good luck!