[meteorite-list] NEW - Fresh CV3 - NWA 3144 "Show and Tell"

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 15 12:42:38 2005

Dear List Members,

Since the list is a little slow at the moment, I thought I would share a
photo of a new and Very fresh CV3 I brought back from Morocco last year. It
is NWA 3144 and is not paired to the others like NWA 3118. The same lab
classified both (or at least worked on it in part) and determined NWA 3144
is fresher and not paired.

There was a single stone that I and the lead scientist were trying to get
into a prominent museum but after several months of no communication on
their part, I decided to give up on trying to preserve the single stone for
one entity. This is so nice that I now feel it should be shared with all.

Here is a photo of a 39.3 gram complete slice:
http://www.lunarrock.com/9-14/dsc00056.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the photo, I may share photos of other new material I
have if given the time.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection