[meteorite-list] Other Fakes Sold in China and Taiwan-Meteorite related

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 14 16:50:31 2005

Dear List,
  There are two other meteorite-related catagories of
popular and very expensive fakes being sold in Taiwan,
China, Hong Kong and Japan; and on Ebay.

1: Sky metal objects (tailsman) that are said to be
made of meteorite and coming from Tibet and
Nepal...they are copies made of a bronze/iron alloy
and are magnetic (I know the maker behind the scheme).

2: dZi beads that are dyed and heat-treated agate
beads with intricate eye designs also said to have
come from Tibet and Nepal...there are various grades
of fakes selling from $50-$200,000 up (several of the
`real` dzi beads sold for over one million dollars in
the late 1980s and early 90s). These are being made
in Taiwan, China and India. (I also know the scammer
behind the scene in Taiwan as he asked me how they
were made and I told him the process not knowing what
he was up to.)

Buyers be forewarned! If you require more information
just ask.
Best Always in LIFE, Dirk Ross...Tokyo