[meteorite-list] 1848: light produced when "meteorite" sawn -possible or...

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 13 12:23:24 2005

Hiho,

I have problems in understanding:

"In sawing the mass,
globules were inflamed by the friction of the
teeth of the saw, and a bright light produced."

What for globules? Globules inside Braunau?

In ignoring "globules" I'd say, that one never sees, while cutting, what is
going on inside the piece, until the pieces finally are separated.
Perhaps they meant only the sparks, which are caused by cutting iron.

Thanks,
Martin