[meteorite-list] Artificial Fireball Tonight

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 12 14:29:07 2005

-------------- Forward Message --------------

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:38:45 +0900 (JST)
From: Shinsuke Abe <avell_at_asu.cas.cz>

Subject: Yohkoh reentry fireball tonight!

Dear all,

The Solar X-ray Observatory "Yohkoh" (SOLAR-A) will
make re-enter to the earth's atmosphere tonight. It is
analyzed that the frame of the Yohkoh will be burned
and vanish during the re-entry, therefore it
will not fall to earth but you can observe the
re-entry emission as an ARTIFICICAL FIREBALL.

The Yohkoh was launched aboard M-3S-II Launch Vehicle
Flight No. 6 on August 30, 1991, from the Uchinoura
Space Center by the former Institute of Space and
Astronautical Science of the then Ministry of
Education (currently Japan Aerospace Exploration
Agency or JAXA) .
http://www.isas.jaxa.jp/home/solar/

Because of the changing of atmospheric density due to
the recent unexpected high solar activities, it is
impossible to predict the exact time and location of
the re-entry until today.

Now we can provide you the latest reentry information
as follows;

Nominal Reentry Time:
9:30:27(UT) on September 12, 2005.

Early predicted Reentry Time:
7:32:36(UT) on September 12, 2005.

Later predicted Reentry Time:
12:19:30(UT) on September 12, 2005.

Reentry path:

<http://harbor.scitec.kobe-u.ac.jp/~avell/yohkoh_rentry.gif>

The prediction have still uncertainty.
We would like to receive information(and data) about
Yohkoh Reentry Light.

Please contact us;

Shinsuke Abe <avell_at_kobe-u.ac.jp>
Tadashi Takano <ttakano_at_radionet.isas.jaxa.jp>
Jun-ichi WATANABE <jun.watanabe_at_nao.ac.jp>

PS;
We arrived at asteroid Itokawa by using HAYABSA
explore this morning.
http://www.isas.ac.jp/e/snews/2005/0912.shtml

 Shinsuke ABE, Dr.
 Graduate School of Science and Technology &
 Department of Earth and Planetary Sci.,
 Faculty of Science
 Kobe University, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
 Tel: +81-78-803-6446, Fax: +81-78-803-6483
 E-mail: avell_at_kobe-u.ac.jp
 http://www.asu.cas.cz/~avell/
 http://www.kobe-u.ac.jp/21COEPS/
 HAYABUSA: