[meteorite-list] OT: five-pointed stars vs six-pointed stars

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 12 12:18:58 2005

Nick and List,
  I have done some further digging. The five pointed
stars represent the five elements of alchemy, water,
wind, fire, wood, stone in different forms.
  The center of the star representing the Earth.
  Both forms contain symbols that are not apparent to
most of the the modern world. Thanks for you kind
reply.
  As a side note: The ancient Chinese used the circle
to represent Heaven and the square, Earth (this is the
reason that ancient Chinese coins had a square hole
in their center).
 Dirk...Tokyo