[meteorite-list] Sikhote' s seized

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 9 13:19:15 2005

> As Poland is part of the EU, I have no idea, why or that there should
exist
> an extra national law.

Its my personal "maybe" opinion, but first time in january this was
smuggling.
In bus was parcell full of minerals and meteorites WITHOUT owner. Someone
give driver parcel and someone in Berlin take it and pay to driver. So when
customs ask what it is, who is owner etc. noone answered so they take it.
In march persons declared (the same border transit) that they have
meteorites (train Moskva-Berlin). But customs then know, acha, meteorites,
expensive things, some time ago we confiscated them, so why not this time
:)))

So finally customs now know more about meteorites, about their value
(remember value of 1kg brahin 12.5K euro).
I dont know if there is any special law that fit to meteorites and minerals.
I think they take any other laws.
I really dont know. For us there is verry strange.

> Uuuh, does that mean, if I'll decide to repatriate my Baszkowka slice to
> Poland, because noone wanted to buy it, that they will throw me in prison?

Martin now You know why we are only 2 persons in Poland who sell meteorites.
Becouse we have hold all strings :)
Every other dealers sit in prisons or work in deep mines looking for next
lake murray.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195