[meteorite-list] AD - Rare roman coin with meteorite theme on Ebay

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 3 10:17:16 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:28:07 +0200 (CEST), M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_yahoo.it>
wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have put a rare roman coin with meteorite
>rapresented on ebay, calculate the same coin its go
>sold for $328 on ebay few weeks ago.....for who want
>this is the auction
>
>http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=mcomemeteorite

Has anyone ever tried to track down what happened to some of these ancient temple meteorites?
Carried off by invaders? Lost in earthquakes? Waiting to be discovered now in some ancient garbage
dump? If an archeologist had found one of them, would he have thougt it anything other than just a
rock?