[meteorite-list] Red Cross/other Donations - Hurricane Relief

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 2 20:41:08 2005

Dear List Members,

I think the auction idea is a nice gesture but believe it would be way too
slow as the victims of the hurricane need the help now, not next week when
an auction ends. If people still want to do an auction, I suggest putting a
"Buy it Now" option on it so the winner can pay for it immediately and the
funds can go to the charity of their choice quickly. I might further suggest
that the "Buy it Now" price by quite high for the item so it is a good
donation amount that will help.

To take it a little further, just plain go out and donate NOW an amount you
are capable of. Like the Red Cross commercial I just saw on TV stated, "No
amount is too small!"

Wishing everyone the best,
Greg