[meteorite-list] OT before and after NA New Orleans satellite photo

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 2 02:15:21 2005

Hi, Darren,

    Great job! And not so off-topic, if the
topic were "What would be the result of a small
asteroid strike in the Gulf of Mexico?"

    Two or three billion of needed repairs to
the levee system over the last decade would have
prevented all this and saved thousands of lives,
but we ever so economically decided to "save"
the money and are now faced with all those
deaths and a 100 to 300 billion dollar
rebuilding job that will stretch out over
the next decade. The great lesson that we
learn from history is that we don't learn
any lessons from history...

    I didn't even mind that it took an hour to
download the two large images on a rain-soaked
dial-up connection! It was worth it.

    And, the script makes a great puzzle piece,
too. If the image switches every time you move
the mouse over any portion of the image, how then
do you use the image toolbar to save a copy of
both images?

    There is an answer, but like Fermat's Last
Theorem, it won't fit in the margin of this
email.

Sterling K. Webb