[meteorite-list] General Astronomical Interest

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 2 00:43:40 2005

http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/ba_ut_forums_merge.html?192005

Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forums Will Merge
Summary - (Sep 1, 2005) I just wanted to let you know that Phil Plait (from
Bad Astronomy) and I have decided to merge our two discussion forums
together into one super forum. With a combined 11,000ish members this will
create one of the largest space and astronomy-related communities on the
Internet. Phil and I felt that our two communities were very similar, and
there's a lot of overlap between members, topics, discussions, etc, that
this merger just made sense. We'll both be very active in this new forum,
and be sharing administrative responsibilities.

I'm going to be taking the Universe Today forum offline on the evening of
Saturday, September 3rd, and then we'll be merging the forums together.
Hopefully within 24-48 hours we'll have the new forum live and running. If
everything goes well all the posts from both forums will be nicely shuffled
into the new structure. You should be able to just log into the new forum as
you did before. I'll provide more details about how to actually reach it
once it's live.

Our two news sites will remain separate, so we're just merging the forums.

You can read more details about the merge over on the Bad Astronomy forum.

Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today