Re-2: [meteorite-list] Parallel Banding in Vigarano

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 31 18:50:47 2005

"Wow, sharp eyes."

Thanks, ... but I am almost blind without my glasses :-()

"When contrasting the two DIs in the overall slice, there
is a distinct difference in color."

That's right! The very dark inclusion left and slightly below center
may be one of those featureless DIs, whereas this one:

"another larger less dark DI in the upper right, essentially in
the mirror opposite position of the dark DI with the CAIs in the
middle?"

. this one is a medium-gray color, and like (possibly) another one,
about 4.5 cm to the upper left of the very dark DI and 7.5 cm from
the one in the upper right, the one with a shining white dot at its
center (mini-CAI?), is a lighter gray color.

The close-up pic of the two larger CAIs (Accretion Desk article) may
provide the answer: it looks mottled so, maybe it is "impure" with
ligter-colored inclusions, CAIs, ghost chondrules, etc.).

Good night,

Bernd