[meteorite-list] Ferox rust-converter

From: Moser Francesco <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 25 04:08:08 2005

Hi Folks.
Today in a little shop I have found a chemical product from the famous
Arexons called Ferox.
On the bottle there's write:
-romove the rust;
-convert it in a stable compound;
-leave a black surface in few minutes;
and much more.

Last week in a store I found a product that convert the rust and the surface
in a
phosphate iron compound, but on the bottle there's write the surface become
bluish like the tipical metal used for the reed (cane) of the rifle and the
gun. The phosphate is very hard and stable.

Today I have trying with a 12% of HF, fluoridric acid, on the rust of my
Campo.
Don't work so well.

Anybody have tryed these product on the meteorite rust??
I have to be the first??

Thanks

Ciao

<><><><>
Francesco Moser
http://web.tiscali.it/francesco.moser/
IMCA #1510 www.imca.cc

"There's just one kind of man that you can trust,
that's a dead man, or an IMCA like me."