[meteorite-list] Scam Alert

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 22 16:09:49 2005

Dear Darren and List,

This was the first time I was confronted with this particular scam, which in
hindsight does not seem to be all that clever. I saw the Nigerian
multi-million dollar garbage for the first time more than 10 years ago but I
have not seen this latest spin until recently. The scary thing is that
dealers and collectors deal with money orders all of the time. If this
particular scam artist was a little less greedy and not so obvious, he could
have easily taken a few hundred dollars from some poor unaware victim. The
only reason I brought this up is that meteorites were involved and a lot of
us deal with money orders and Western Union. It is my hope that nobody gets
burned.

Take Care,

Adam