[meteorite-list] rust eh eh :)

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 21 08:21:08 2005

> >so it's best to use some form of 'electric' drying oven
> I think to use an old electric grill just over a pot with inside the
> meteorite, all between 4 refractory brick.
> I will try with 70-80?C for 5h.
> My mother don't let me use the home oven :-)

I also use old electric chicked grill. But I use auto off timer. Usually I
use 15min heat for slices and smaller specimens. Occasionaly 30min. For
+kilo specimens I think 1 hour is enough.

> >anhydrous ethanol
> I think is hard to find pure (96%). The solvent I used contains a lot of
> different alcohol.

Do not waste good alcohol for meteorites. :D
Use Methanol.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195