[meteorite-list] Book Review: Marvin Killgore's Book on Thin Sections - Part 2 of 2

From: jbaxter112_at_pol.net <jbaxter112_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 14 14:44:55 2005

Hello all,

I'm not sure my humble endorsement would add much weight to the opinion of
such a respected figure as Berndt but I'd emphasize to the list that I own
both of the books that Berndt mentioned and they are fabulous books. I
think all collectors should have both.

Also,if you ever get a chance to talk meteorites with Marvin, jump at it.
Unless you are a PhD studying meteoritics his knowledge will eclipse
yours, big time, but he really loves talking meteorites and is very
generous with his time and knowledge on a face to face basis. His
enthusiasm is infectious. Marvin and Kitty are a 'must see' stop if they
are at a show anywhere near any of the list members.

Regards,
Jim Baxter