[meteorite-list] From Tanzania

From: mccartney_at_blackbearddata.com <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 10 12:04:32 2005

I'm in Dodoma Tanzania. I've got news to report -

1st - Someone has bought the meteorite that fell last month in Zimbabwe. Rumors
say it was an american. (If your out there and reading this - I give you two
thumbs up, dude. That took guts. Make sure some gets into institutional
collections)

2nd = I've visited the National Museum of Tanzania in Dar es Salaam and seen the
Apollo moon rock given to them by Nixon in 1972. I've got pictures and will be
posting it for all upon my return in 2 weeks.

I've been traveling for 4 days straight, I have 2 more days before I hit my
target village. Someone remind me not to travel during Ramadan again, this is
the 2nd time I've done it.

ps. Maasi warriors are just as impressive in person as on TV.

>From the field
-McCartney, IMCA 2760